Is there a motion I can file in small claims for the judge to rehear the money award?

Asked 11 months ago - Chicago, IL

I went to small claims court and she ordered equal between me and other party. I won a bit and lost a bit and the other guy lost a bit and won a bit. But I realized there was an error in the judge's calculation. Is there a motion I can file in front of the judge to rehear this issue and change the order for the calculation?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Judy A. Goldstein

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . If the amount is significant, you can file a motion to reconsider.

  2. Joseph Andrew Brabender IV


    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Motion to reconsider.

    Though we strive to provide accurate legal information in our answers on AVVO, our answer should not be construed... more
  3. Andrew Joseph Miofsky

    Contributor Level 9

    Answered . The rules are relaxed in Small Claim cases. Visit the Court Clerk and ask if there is a form for a pro se motion available for you to use. If so, you can hand write a motion asking the judge to reconsider the decision. Try to explain as clearly as possible the error you found and why you want the case reconsidered.

    This is not legal advice and I am not your attorney. Always consult with a licensed attorney in your state before... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

23,747 answers this week

2,598 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

23,747 answers this week

2,598 attorneys answering