Is there a motion I can file in small claims for the judge to rehear the money award?

Asked 11 months ago - Chicago, IL

I went to small claims court and she ordered equal between me and other party. I won a bit and lost a bit and the other guy lost a bit and won a bit. But I realized there was an error in the judge's calculation. Is there a motion I can file in front of the judge to rehear this issue and change the order for the calculation?

1. Judy A. Goldstein

2

Answered . If the amount is significant, you can file a motion to reconsider.

2. Joseph Andrew Brabender IV

Pro

1

Answered . Motion to reconsider.

3. Andrew Joseph Miofsky

Answered . The rules are relaxed in Small Claim cases. Visit the Court Clerk and ask if there is a form for a pro se motion available for you to use. If so, you can hand write a motion asking the judge to reconsider the decision. Try to explain as clearly as possible the error you found and why you want the case reconsidered.