Is there a minimum for the earned income to qualify for unearned income credit

Asked 6 months ago - Miami, FL

Do I have to have a pay stub or since I was paid in cash I can claim that myself?

1. Heather Morcroft

2

Answered . There is no unearned income credit. You do not have to have a pay stub. If you were paid cash, you can do a schedule C as a business owner - but I don't know who paid you or for what, and that may not be in your best interest. If you actually had an employer who was paying you incorrectly, you may want to pursue that, file for an extension, and then do your taxes with proper documentation. Because if you are supposed to be an employee, you are being cheated by being paid cash under the table. You are being cheated out of the employer's share of social security and medicare taxes, that they are supposed to pay on you, and you will have to pay your share, at a somewhat reduced percentage. Not to mention state benefit coverage that you are not getting.

***Please be sure to mark if you find the answer "helpful" or a "best" answer. Thank you! I hope this helps. ******
  2. Daniel Lee O'Neil

Answered . As Heather addressed, it can become a quickly murky area because of all the specific information and facts behind each unique case.