Is there a minimum for the earned income to qualify for unearned income credit

Miami, FL |

Do I have to have a pay stub or since I was paid in cash I can claim that myself?

There is no unearned income credit. You do not have to have a pay stub. If you were paid cash, you can do a schedule C as a business owner - but I don't know who paid you or for what, and that may not be in your best interest. If you actually had an employer who was paying you incorrectly, you may want to pursue that, file for an extension, and then do your taxes with proper documentation. Because if you are supposed to be an employee, you are being cheated by being paid cash under the table. You are being cheated out of the employer's share of social security and medicare taxes, that they are supposed to pay on you, and you will have to pay your share, at a somewhat reduced percentage. Not to mention state benefit coverage that you are not getting.

***Please be sure to mark if you find the answer "helpful" or a "best" answer. Thank you! I hope this helps. ******

As Heather addressed, it can become a quickly murky area because of all the specific information and facts behind each unique case.

Statements posted on the Avvo Q&A section are not legal advice. No prudent person anywhere at any time should ever rely upon any statements posted on the Avvo Q&A section. There is no attorney-client privilege based on this interaction. I am not your attorney and there is no attorney-client privilege up until the moment that we have a signed engagement letter with a clear understanding regarding fees - at which point we will not be discussing your legal issue online on a public Q&A board that anyone in the world can view. You should find an attorney that can best represent your interests: using the Avvo lawyer search is one of many possible utilities online to collect names of lawyers you might be interested in meeting with offline to discuss your legal issue in full detail so the legal advice can be tailored to the specific facts of your legal issue.

Tax law topics

Recommended articles about Tax law