Is there a limitation of time allowed (yrs) on adding more to a case. Also is it right to continously keep adding and arresting.

Summerfield, FL |

no criminal record, worked at a retail store did fradulant refunds was arrested in march, then they served a warrent for arrest in july due to finding more slips in 2010. Charged with grand theft in the third degree, very upset they keep doing this.

Each separate incident is a separate crime and they can charge you with each one. The application of the statute of limitations as a defense is something you would need to consult with a criminal attorney about and they would have to review the timeline of events, and any facts that might have tolled (stopped) the statute of limitaitons and given the state extra time to file.

If you found this answer helpful, let me know by clicking the "Mark as Helpful" button at the bottom of this answer. It’s easy and appreciated.

You should hiire an attorney. They can charge each separate incident as a crime. I would need more details to determine what the applicable statute of kimitations would apply.

I agree with both my colleagues responses.