Is there a legal obligation after a company merger to supply parts for existing equipment for a period of time.

Appleton, WI |

Is there a legal obligation after a company merger to supply parts for existing equipment for a period of time. Specifically we have a Life-Tech CMG machine, Life-Tech was purchased by Laborie. A part on our CMG machine broke and they could not get us a part we were forced to purchase a new unit. Our unit was only 4 years old.

1. You should look at all of your original documentation, to see if there was any mention about spare parts and their availability.

Most agreements like that would be between the companies themselves. Ebay has a thriving market for many spare parts if you were doing the repairs yourself.

Every legal matter is fact specific, and there are often nuances in every case. This is intended for comment only, and does not create an attorney client relationship.

2. I agree. This should've been provided for in the agreement regarding merger. I welcome you to contact me to discuss how best to pursue this.

Small business topics