Is there a legal obligation after a company merger to supply parts for existing equipment for a period of time.

Asked 12 months ago - Appleton, WI

Is there a legal obligation after a company merger to supply parts for existing equipment for a period of time. Specifically we have a Life-Tech CMG machine, Life-Tech was purchased by Laborie. A part on our CMG machine broke and they could not get us a part we were forced to purchase a new unit. Our unit was only 4 years old.

1. Maxwell Charles Livingston

Pro

Answered . I agree. This should've been provided for in the agreement regarding merger. I welcome you to contact me to discuss how best to pursue this.

2. Aaron Scott Hill

Answered . You should look at all of your original documentation, to see if there was any mention about spare parts and their availability.

Most agreements like that would be between the companies themselves. Ebay has a thriving market for many spare parts if you were doing the repairs yourself.