Is there a legal avenue for payday advances if I am offering to settle in 2 payments. Company will not accept my offer

Asked about 1 year ago - Maryville, TN

Offered to make 2 payments - tomorrow and in 2 weeks and was told they would not accept my offer but wanted to add additional fees and will garnish my wages.

1. Casey Lorraine Spitzer Carrigan

1

Answered . I would agree with the two attorneys who have previously answered this question, and would add that you should request they provide you with a written statement regarding any extra fees they want to tack on.

2. Matthew Scott Berkus

1

Answered . A settlement is a private agreement between two parties with a dispute. There is no legal basis to force someone to agree to a settlement. A creditor is well within their rights to demand full payment, they don't have to settle.

3. William Emil Cassara

Pro

1

Answered . They do not have to accept your offer. Of course, if you are paying on the debt, the likelihood of them suing you decreases.

Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

• 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now