Is there a lawyer who would represent me on a ESP just for the day ?

Bloomfield, NJ |

All documents have been written and submitted to the other party and to the courts , can pay for the day. Just need someone to speak on my behalf . I have been Pro- Se throughout the divorce . Now I was told i need a lawyer for this last process of the divorce . Just for the day to speak on my behalf and I was told within the 1st hour both parties meet before the lawyers to come to a agreement . The ESP on on January 29th and 8:30am if so please contact me ASAP.

I believe there are attorneys that may get involved at that stage under the right conditions. For example, in order to properly represent you at the ESP I would need to spend some reading the file from the beginning. Additionally, I would need a retainer because if the case does not settle at the ESP I would be on the hook to prepare the case through trial. After the ESP an attorney can't drop the case without filing a motion to be relieved, even if you both agree.

Please be advised my answers to questions does not constitute legal advise and you should not rely on it, due to the fact that we have never met, I have not been aprised of the facts in you case nor have I reviewed any documents.

An attorney should not do so because it is difficult to get in and out that quickly.

DISCLAIMER This answer is provided for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you agree and understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site cannot be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices law in the State where this offense is charged; and, who has experience in the area of law you are asking questions about and with whom you would have an attorney client relationship. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question, or in the State where this charge is filed

Generally, an attorney should't represent you just for the ESP. The attorney will either come into the case until the end or not at all. And, it is almost certainly in your interest to have an attorney represent you rather than remaining pro se. Many attorneys, such as myself, would be happy to meet with you for a consultaion and then quote you a fee that considers your income level and the complexities of your case.

Anthony J Van Zwaren

Anthony J Van Zwaren

I agree with the other writers that it would be hard for an attorney in this type of case to appear only for the ESP without being ready to assume representation for the entire case if things didn't work out in the settlement.

I agree with my all of my colleagues answers. You are at the later stages of your divorce litigation before trial. Once an attorney attends the ESP, they may be "on the hook" so to speak to represent you at trial, if the case does not settle before hand.

I would venture that any attorney who might consider becoming involved in your matter now would want a trial retainer just in case your matter does not settle or the Judge does not allow them out of the case before trial. Plus, you are asking an attorney to represent you based upon written submissions that you wrote. The attorney would have to review the case in its entirety to better grasp if your ESP submission is accurate and appropriate given the facts and circumstances of your matter.

With this being said, all hope is not lost. The ESP provides you with a recommendation on how to settle your case. You can choose to accept the ESP panel's advice or not. If you do not, the Court will send you to economic mediation with a mediator both you and your spouse choose. The first couple of hours are free and then there is a charge which the court will split between you and your spouse. This is your one last chance to settle the case before the Court sets a trial date.

The Early Settlement Panel is a late stage in the divorce process to bring in an attorney now. There is likely going to be a great deal of paperwork for the attorney to review so they can get a better understanding of what is going on. Obviously, legal fees will vary based on the complexity of the case, the contentiousness between the parties and issues that need to be addressed. I would certainly advise you to shop around and find an attorney with whom you are comfortable to represent you and is within your budget. The date is looming so you're going to want to retain a lawyer ASAP.

DISCLAIMER This answer is provided for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you agree and understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site cannot be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices law in the State where this offense is charged; and, who has experience in the area of law you are asking questions about and with whom you would have an attorney client relationship. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question, or in the State where this charge is filed. I am an attorney licensed to practice in the State of New Jersey. Consult a local attorney if your case arises outside the State of New Jersey. If you found this answer to be HELPFUL then you can vote that this answer was helpful. If you found this answer to be the BEST ANSWER of all those presented, then you can vote that this answer was the best answer presented. Also, please be advised that any response to any comments made by the asker do not create an attonrey client relationship.