Is there a Lawyer who specializes in Victim's rights, EEO complaints and/or the BCMR process for women in the military?

New Orleans, LA |

I am a EEO Representative for a member that was Sexually Assaulted on board a ship. When she came forward to her command, the matter was considered a "he said, she said" case. However it was investigated jointly by 2 different investigative services. The final outcome resulted in the VICTIM receiving two substandard OER's, an Alcohol Incident and a Punitive Letter of Censure. She was passed over for promotion once already and will probably be a second time next go around. She filed an EEO complaint but it was dismissed since she missed the timeline requirements.

Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

1. Recommend the victim locate an attorney by contacting the LA state bar association and requesting a referral or by meeting with a JAG at her legal service office.

A great deal of information is missing from your post and the connections between the incident and the subsequent events in the victims life are not evident.

READ THIS BEFORE CALLING OR EMAILING ME: I am licensed to practice before the state and federal courts in Virginia. We have not established an attorney-client relationship unless we have a signed representation agreement and you have paid me. I am providing educational instruction only--not legal advice. You should speak with an attorney to whom you have provided all the facts, before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. I am not obligated to answer subsequent emails or phone calls unless you have hired me. I wish you the best of luck with your situation.

2. There are a number of us who practice in the areas of evaluation appeals (the Navy/Coast Guard/Marine Corps do not call officer performance evals an OER. It is a Fitness Report, or Enlisted Eval), Correction Boards issues, and appeals along the lines mentioned above.
    It's not actually a victims rights issue in the sense you are using the word.
    I have represented a number of sexual assault complaining witnesses, so she can contact us if she wishes for an initial free consultation.

www.court-martial.com; www.court-martial.us.com; mljucmj@gmail.com 703-298-9562, 800-401-1583. Answering your question does not create an attorney-client relationship.

3. There are a number of us who practice in the areas of evaluation appeals (the Navy/Coast Guard/Marine Corps do not call officer performance evals an OER. It is a Fitness Report, or Enlisted Eval), Correction Boards issues, and appeals along the lines mentioned above.