Is there a lawyer who specializes in Civil wrongs and product liability due to false advertising of a product?

Asked over 1 year ago - Philadelphia, PA

I have been using Fragrance Free Edge shaving gel for successfully for years. I have been diagnosed with Multiple Chemical Sensitivities (MCS)and unable to use products that contain fragrance.

Recently Edge started selling Fragrance Free Edge Shave Gel with the label "New! Improved Formula". I used the product and because dizzy, nauseous and had trouble breathing. The label on the front states Fragrance Free. The back label states no dyes or perfumes. The ingredients show the addition of "(Lavender)".

This product now contains fragrance. This is false advertising and a health issue for individuals who suffer from MCS.

1. Stephen Joseph Cipolla

Pro

7

Answered . I assume you have stopped using the product and your symptoms have abated. I doubt very much that you have suffered damages to an extent that would get you a good personal injury lawyer. But, I think that your experience should be reported to the Consumer Product Safety Commission, the Federal Trade Commission and Pennsylvania Attorney General Office Bureau of Consumer Protection. If you are having this reaction from the lavender, then others probably are too. All of the agencies listed allow you to file complaints online.

2. Bruce E. Burdick

Pro

3

Answered . You are not going to get rich from this. You have almost no damages from either a product liability or false advertising standpoint. False advertising/false labeling are issues for the Government regulators to address. It you are just looking to make money, move on to a better cause. If you want to do a public service and get this product properly labeled, write Eveready Battery Company, Inc. in St. Louis [which bought the EDGE trademark from SC Johnson] and tell them the problem. If they don't do anything, you can report them to the FTC and FDA.

If you still thinking there is a personal injury class action suit with you as lead plaintiff, then call Brown & Crouppen in St. Louis, the leading PI firm in town, which handles a number of household product liability suits [http://www.brownandcrouppen.com/Defective-Produ...], and discuss it with them. Don't expect much.

3. David J. McCormick

1

Answered . Since you hopefully stopped using the product you have a very limited amount of damages. Also, the cost of pursuing such a case against the manufacturer would amount to more than your case is worth. Thus, you will have a hard time finding an attorney to pursue this case.

These products are regulated by the FDA, so you could start there and see if you can file a consumer complaint against the product.