Is there a lawyer in south florida that has handled medical malpractice cases complicated by mental illness?

Asked about 1 year ago - Homestead, FL

b/c clinically depressed patient's "informed consent" decision might be coming from their depression not sound judgment.

1. Josh P Tolin

3

Answered . There are many attorneys in South Florida that handle malpractice cases. You did not supply a lot of facts, but informed consent cases are difficult. To succeed you have to show by expert testimony the doctor deviated from accepted medical standards of care, and that deviation caused you damages. I am not sure what damage you think you incurred.

2. Mickey David Larson

3

Answered . I agree with Mr. Tolin. It's not clear from your post whether you suffered damages. If you didn't suffer damages, you don't have a claim. If you did, use Avvo's "Find a Lawyer" feature above to locate a medical malpractice attorney nearby. I wish you luck. Take care.

3. David Brian Snyder

Pro

3

Answered . Your question is not clear. What prompts you to believe that there is malpractice? Is the lack of informed consent the primary issue in the case? If it is, that would be very difficult case for an attorney to take on. You will need to provide more information in order for an attorney to make the appropriate recommendation or referral. If you do a search on avvo.com, you should find many attorneys in the South Florida area to consult about your situation. Likely, they will want medical records before moving forward. Certainly, the decision as to whether or not a patient is competent to give their informed consent is a judgment call. The threshold is legally different in every state so you will have to ask an attorney in Florida to give their opinion. I wish you the best of luck.

David B. Snyder, Esq.
    6876 Buckley Road
    Syracuse, NY 13212
    315-451-3040
    https://snyderlf.com/SyracuseMedical_Malpractic...
    Mr. Snyder is licensed to practice in New York and practices Medical Malpractice Plaintiff’s work in Syracuse; he cannot offer legal advice in other states. This answer is meant to be a public service and not an attempt to solicit business. Moreover, my answer cannot be considered a legal opinion of your case / inquiry. Unless I am retained in a matter and have completed a full investigation of the underlying facts and law, I cannot give an opinion on which to rely. Furthermore, unless your matter concerns New York law, I am not licensed to practice or give specific legal advice in your state.

Pro

3

Answered . Many. Best bet is to call one of the above lawyers or Google it.