Is there a law that says that I must pay federal income tax. If so were is this law written?

Milwaukee, WI |

Is there a law that states that I must pay federal income tax on my income if it is not personal gain?

If so, where is this law written?

If not why must I pay income tax and how can the federal resereve enforce the so called law even if they are not a federal agency?

1. Read Article I, section 8, clause 1 of the U.S. Constitution

2. Check out the Internal Revenue Code. It is the law and yes, you must pay federal income tax.

THESE COMMENTS ARE NOT LEGAL ADVICE. They are provided for informational purposes only. Actual legal advice can only be provided after consultation by an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction. Answering this question does not create an attorney-client relationship or otherwise require further consultation.

3. As stated these are frivolous and worthless arguments about whether we have to pay taxes. People usually end up in jail for tax fraud making these arguments. There are internal revenue code sections that call for paying income on income from whatever source derived and a whole body of case law from others who have preceded you in making these type of specious arguments. So join the millions of us who pay our taxes.

Hope this helps. If you think this post was helpful, please check the thumbs up (helpful) tab below and/or designate my answer as best answer. Thanks.
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Mr. Fromm is licensed to practice law in PA with offices in Philadelphia and Montgomery Counties and services clients in all parts of Pennsylvania. He can be reached at 215-735-2336 or at the email address listed below. He has an AV Preeminent Rating (5.0 out of 5.0) with Martindale-Hubbel, the highest possible rating for legal ability and ethical standards. Also, he has received a 10.0 rating from AVVO and was featured as a 5Star Wealth Manager in the Philadelphia Magazine, November 2009 issue on page 123.
    Mr. Fromm is ethically required to state that the response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/ client relationship. Also, there are no recognized legal specialties under Pennsylvania law. Any references to a trust, estate or tax lawyer refer only to the fact that Mr. Fromm limits his practice to these areas of the law. These responses are only in the form of legal education and are intended to only provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that if known could significantly change the reply or make such reply unsuitable. Mr. Fromm strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in their state in order to ensure proper advice is received.
    By using this site you understand and agree that there is no attorney client relationship or confidentiality between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices in the subject area in your jurisdiction, who is familiar with your specific facts and all of the circumstances and with whom you have an attorney client relationship. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question or omitted from the question.
    Circular 230 Disclaimer - Any information in this comment may not be used to eliminate or reduce penalties by the IRS or any other governmental agency.

Business topics