Is there a law in IL concerning loss of parental right after 6 months of non-custody parent not visiting the child?

Asked over 3 years ago - Clarksville, TN

My sons ex has custody of their daughter. He has court ordered visitation every other weekend. She has refused to allow him to see her since June. If such a law exists, can the time she has ignored the court ordered visitation count against him?

Additional information

There seems to be a lot of nepotism in this area. Her father works at the jail and she is somehow related to the sheriff. Even the judge is a relative of the ex. Far enough for it to just be legal for him to hear the case. When my son tried to get the order enforced, somehow all the paperwork for the judge got lost.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. 1

    Lawyer agrees


    Answered . He should go into court to enforce visitation. Hopefully he can document all the times he tried to do visitation and was blocked by the mother.

Related Topics

Child custody

Child custody involves decisions about who will be responsible for a child, including parental rights, for both married and unmarried parents, and adoptions.

Visitation rights in child custody agreements

Child visitation refers to non-custodial parents' rights to visit their children. These rights are commonly detailed in a visitation plan.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

36,648 answers this week

3,920 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

36,648 answers this week

3,920 attorneys answering