Is there a law in Georgia that says that if two parts or more of your vehicle is damage it's an automatic total loss?

Augusta, GA |

I have gone to find different estimates but the insurance company won't budge. They only want to total my car and im still driving a 93 percent total car! Help!

1. No. Total loss is determined based on the age and mileage of the vehicle, which determines its present value, in relation to the cost of repair. If the cost of repair exceeds the value at the time of the wreck, the insurance company will declare it a total loss, as the law alllows.

2. No. Total loss results when the value of the damage exceeds the fair market value of the vehicle at the time of the loss.

3. No. The simple answer as to a car being totalled is does the cost of the repairs exceed the present value of the car.

4. The short answer is, "no." The determination of whether a vehicle is totaled is based on the judgement of the adjuster. It is possible that damage to 2 parts of a vehicle will result in the vehicle being totaled, but there is no such requirement.

This information is provided for general discussion purposes only. Nothing contained herein constitutes legal advice, and no attorney-client relationship has been formed by the provision of this response. You should always contact an attorney in your area regarding local legal issues.