Is there a law for sexting between consenting adults?

Asked about 2 years ago - Lombard, IL

I'm 22 years old and me and my boyfriend are consenting adults. He is away for the time being and I just want to keep him interested in me. So, is there a law for sexting between consenting adults?

1. Barry Franklin Poulson

2

Answered . You did not state the age of your boyfriend, so it is not clear. Let me, however, provide you with another law: Murphy's Law: What CAN go wrong, will go wrong. So, consider if you want those sentiments and pictures sent out to your contact list,or his, or who knows.

If he is also 21 or more, not linked by (say) being your teacher, you are probably OK. BUT, please spend a few minutes reviewing all the "Internet" category answers to see all the tales of woe, betrayal, hacking, and just errors.

2. Pamela Koslyn

2

Answered . It's not illegal if you're both adults, but it's not wise. To add to my colleague's good advice, I'll mention that just because you're consenting now, and he's your boyfriend now, doesn't mean that will always be true, and you really need to think about the future. You're going to be applying for jobs and school and whatever --do you really want nude pictures of yourself in anyone else's possession and out of your control? Once something's posted on the internet, it's virtually impossible to get rid of it. If you want to keep the bf interested, find another way that doesn't put your future privacy interests at risk.

3. J. Richard Kulerski

Answered . It can be legal, but it very foolish.