Is there a law/code that requires a commercial landlord to provide hot water to a tenant?

Little Rock, AR |

I'm renting a commercial space and there is no hot water heater in the space. I would like for the owner of the building to pay for one to be installed but cant find the code/law that requires landlord to provide hot water to tenant. Hoping for someone to point me in the right direction. Thanks!

Obviously, if you lived in the property, basic landlord tenant laws require hot water be furnished. Since this is a commercial property, you are generally not allowed to live there. If there is a need for personal sanitation (i.e. toilet facilities) a case might be made that hot water is needed. It sounds like this is an afterthought, and you have far less leverage than when you were in the negotiation stage. Maybe you can offer to split the cost of the water heater. The landlord's property is improved and when you leave, he keeps the water heater. You get hot water for half the cost you would otherwise pay.

Recommended articles about Real estate