Is there a HERNIA Mesh Lawsuit/Class Action in Georgia ?

Asked 6 months ago - Atlanta, GA

March 2012 I had a hernia operation on my lower left side of my stomach, a Parietex POC Mesh and /or Ventralight Patch(possible RECALL) was implanted. A few months ago, in September 2013, I had an emergency Appendectomy(right side), the Doctor said that I had a extensive amount of adhesion of ometum and small bowel to the abdominal wall, a obstructive bowel. The Cecum, the terminal ileum and a loop of small bowel was all fused together. This is what my report from this last operation saids. I presently have a copy of the reports of both surgeries and the implant(s) number. Not sure if I have a case or not, please help.

1. Stephen Neil Foster

1

Best Answer

Answered . Our firm litigates these types of claims. There are strict statutes of limitation that can damage a case if a person delays but sometimes these statutes of limitation are not as clear as it might seem. I would certainly be willing to discuss your case with you but whether you talk to us or another firm that handles federal mass tort medical product defect litigation I would recommend that you speak to someone sooner rather than later. The MDL (Multi-District Litigation) is handled by federal courts nationwide, but generally uses state laws to determine things like statutes of limitation.

Pro

1

Answered . There may be. Best to Google it.

3. Elizabeth Taylor Herd

Pro

Answered . I know that there have been many mesh cases involving Kugel mesh. You should google your mesh and I guarantee the firms handling those will pop up on your screen, if they exist. If not, you may want to search for a product lawyer on this site.

4. David Ian Schoen

Pro

Answered . An internet search will probably give you the answers you are looking for.

5. Richard Todd Rosenstein

Answered . You need to locate attorney who specifically handle these type of medical product defect cases.