Is there a grace period when signing a lease contract? I thought there was a 3 day or 72 hr. grace period to review the terms ,

Romeo, MI |

Do I get my deposit back if I cancel the contract within 3 days of signing it?

1. You probably won't get a refund of your deposit because generally there is no 3 day right to cancel a lease contract unless there is something written down in your paperwork that gives it to you, but you may not be stuck because there may be other ways to cancel the sale. You need to talk to a local Consumer Law attorney who deals with this kind of case and find out what your state laws say. Call your local attorney's Bar Association and ask for a referral to a Consumer Law attorney near you or you can go to this web site page for a Free Online 50 State National List of Consumer Law Lawyers (http://www.ohiolemonlaw.com/ocll-site/ocll-locate_local.shtml) and find one near you (lawyers don’t pay to get listed here and most of them are members of the only national association for Consumer Law lawyers, NACA.net). But act quickly because for every legal right you have, there is only a limited amount of time to actually file a lawsuit in court or your rights expire (it's called the statute of limitations), so don't waste your time getting to a Consumer Law attorney and finding out what your rights are. If this answer was helpful, please check the box below.