Is there a good lawyer out there for a pedestrian/ auto 'accident'

Asked 11 months ago - Winter Park, FL

I got hit Saturday night by a woman in a truck, who somehow failed to see me both when she looked my way, and I *was sure* I made eye contact , and then, directly in front of her, She starts up from a cold stop and hits me. I am not sure about the true extent of my injuries (the hospital says I escaped 'serious' injury.... But....), And the event- which I cannot call an accident.... more like abject stupidity.. has made me a complete nut case about I or my wife and kid going anywhere! I worry when they go out. I have not BEEN out since saturday 10/26, not only from pain, but from the fact that one of these lunatics could run over me, and do worse. The event also made my sugar level go up past 500, which I am told is a range for diabetes. I am now on meds.

I need a good lawyer. Any takers

1. David John Glatthorn

Pro

12

Answered . Attorneys in Florida are prohibited from direct solicitation . I'm unsure if your inquiry stems from being turned down by firms you've contacted.
    You need to research and find Board Certifed Civil Trial attorneys. Ask straight forward questions as to how long the attorney has practiced and how many trials he or she has tried.
    But your health is the most important thing. Pain can elevate blood sugar. If you are in pain , you need to get examined and treated. If you or a resident family member owns a car, PIP coverage should be available . If not, the insurance on the driver that hit you may owe you PIP.
    Get to a doctor. Get to an experienced lawyer that can review your total situation . I wish the best of luck.

2. Don Paul Harvey

Pro

11

Answered . As pointed out, it is unethical in Florida for attorneys to directly solicit a potential client. You will have to make first direct contact. I would suggest using the "Find a Lawyer" tab above and search for personal injury attorney in your area and make a few calls.

3. David Thomas Aronberg

Pro

10

Answered . It does sound like you have a case against the woman in the truck. Did the police come and write up a crash report? What did they do for you in the hospital? Have you seen a doctor since you were released from the hospital?

Sorry for all the questions but a personal injury lawyer needs to know a little more information in determining whether you have a good case.

4. David Ian Schoen

Pro

11

Answered . The protocol on this site is not for attorneys to contact you, but for you to use the "find a lawyer " function to find someone that you believe can provide the services that you need.

5. Mishka L Marshall

Pro

11

Answered . I'm sorry to hear about your accident. You may also try checking your local bar association's website for a personal injury attorney.

6. Elizabeth Taylor Herd

Pro

5

Answered . In Florida you need to be re-evaluated within 14 days by an appropriate provider who can determine whether you have an emergent medical condition. Call a lawyer right away to make sure that your legal rights are protected and you get to the appropriate provider.

7. Christopher Robert Dillingham II

3

Answered . Use AVVO's "Find a Lawyer" search feature. None of us can contact you--you must contact us. Insofar as what constitutes a "good lawyer," that's debatable.

In the end, you must find an attorney you trust. I highly suggest you retain one who truly knows how insurance companies work. Anyone can claim he is a personal injury attorney, but not so many are actually knowledgeable in the field.

Don't rely upon advertising alone to make your decision. You need to find the best attorney for you and your case. Keep in mind, too, despite what many of my fellow lawyers say, many people can handle their claims on the own ("pro se") if their injuries are not severe. Of course, if you are uncomfortable negotiating the price of a car, then you definitely need an attorney to help you with your case.

Pro

4

Answered . Avvo has a terrific "find a lawyer" tool so you can locate a Winter Park lawyer near your home.

9. Jany Martinez-Ward

2

Answered . you might have a claim for physical and emotional damages. I know an event like that can be really traumatizing. You also need to be aware that there is evidence and documents you might have to preserve so it is important to contact a lawyer as soon as possible. You can contact me if you have any questions. I will be happy to answer them at no charge. :)