Skip to main content

Is there a foul here that can cause evidence to be supressed?

Miami, FL |

Police go to a home without a warrant to investigate a guest of the resident..They enter said home ( whether the resident wanted that or not and just sorta force the way in) start grabbing the visiting friends stopped by the resident who demands they get a warrant A warrant is subsequently issued while the resident and police all wait together for hours They were actually statring to take the possesions (no contriband) when they were stopped

Attorney Answers 3


Possibly, but you'll need a good lawyer to file a good motion to suppress. You really need the search warrant and supporting affidavit, and all the police reports. You really need all the facts.

No legal advice is given here. My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must NOT be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions & Answers forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. I am only licensed in the States of California and New York and the District of Columbia

Mark as helpful

5 lawyers agree


A suppression issue may be raised, my suggestion is for you to speak to a criminal defense attorney in your area to determine your best course of action, good luck.

The above answer is for information only; and does NOT constitute legal advice. This answer does not constitute, nor does it create, an attorney-client relationship between KaplunMarx, PLLC, Theodor Kapun and any receiver. The information provided on these pages is general only, and you should not act upon this information without consulting with a qualified attorney.

Mark as helpful

4 lawyers agree


There is no way lawyers online can get into such a detailed analysis of this without seeing all of the reports and probably deposing witnesses. You will really have to hire a lawyer and discuss the facts of the case with them.

For more information or to set up a free initial consultation contact the Mangrum Law Firm at 407-349-7474 or This answer does not, nor is it intended to, create an attorney-client relationship. It is offered for informational purposes only. Please consult with a licensed attorney before making any legal decisions.

Mark as helpful

4 lawyers agree

Civil rights topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics