Is there a Discovery cut off date, in a Supplemental Petition fot Modification of Parenting Time?

Fort Myers, FL |

I have a trial date on this matter for the week of 12/17/12. My ex wife and I are both pro se. She submitted the petition. She has not asked for any discovery yet yet, and Im wondering if this going to be something she slaps me with last minute. I live in Largo, Fl but the case is being handled in Lee County. She lives in Estero, FL.

Both of you were supposed to serve all of your documents on each other within 45 days of you being served with the petition. No request for discovery is necessary. The judge may set a cut-off date for other things.

The contents of this answer should be considered friendly advice, not legal advice (I'm a pretty friendly guy), and the answer should not be construed to constitute an attorney-client relationship. If you'd like actual legal advice, call me for a free consultation at 813-635-0222. Also, if you liked this answer as much as my big ego thinks you did, be sure to click the thumbs-up button!

Recommended articles about Family law