Is there a difference between Labor certification and Perm

Asked about 1 year ago - New York, NY

I understand to get H1b I need labor cert and for green card I need Perm but they seem to be the same? Does my company need to do each or just one for me to get H1b and green card?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Dean P Murray

    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . I agree with Attorney Garvock.

    If you have additional questions, you can always contact an immigration lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues. If you appreciate the time spent preparing this answer, kindly consider marking it HELPFUL. Good luck to you.

    Dean P. Murray
    The Murray Law Firm
    560 Sylvan Avenue
    Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
    T: (201)875-2600
    F: (201)549-8700

    Mr. Murray's response is NOT legal advice and does NOT create an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT rely... more
  2. Heather Louise Garvock


    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . The PERM process is the electronic system used for labor certification. Note that both of these are different than Labor COndition Applications (LCA), which is a different process.

  3. J Charles Ferrari

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . PERM is the process, Labor Certification is what is filed.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

24,013 answers this week

2,758 attorneys answering

Legal Dictionary

Don't speak legalese? We define thousands of terms in plain English.

Browse our legal dictionary