Is there a deadline to apply for deferred action for childhood arrivals?

I currently in school trying to get my GED, I still have a couple of months to go. So I want to know if there’s a dead line to mail in my application for deferred action.
Martha

1. There is no deadline to apply for Deferred Action.

2. Hello Martha,
    No. There is no deadline during which to apply for DACA and now that Obama has been reelected there is no fear of the program coming to an abrupt halt anymore.

I would strongly recommend that you do not wait any longer, however, and file as soon as you can. That way you will start living a more "normal" life, i.e. will have a work permit, social security card and state driver's license. That will enable you to pursue a better future, apply for scholarships and pursue a much better educational career.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

3. There is no deadline.

Please click the link below for additional information.

---------
    Carl Shusterman, Esq.
    Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
    Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
    Subscribe to our Free Immigration Newsletter
    600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
    Los Angeles, CA 90017
    (213) 394-4554 x0
    Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
    www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.