Is there a credible risk to losing US citizenship by applying for dual citizenship in another country?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Los Angeles, CA

I am over 18 years old, and a U.S. citizen. Both my parents were born in Europe and I would like to apply for EU citizenship. Is there any credible risk to losing US citizenship?

1. Anna Tsibel Moreas

2

Answered . First, you have to distinguish dual citizenship and having two citizenships. Second, you have to distinguish applying for citizenship and applying for a national passport or certificate of citizenship based on the citizenship you might already have (derivatively, by birth, through parents) - and all of the analysis must be based on analyzing the immigration and citizenship laws of both countries, including any application treatises.

2. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

1

Answered . I agree with my colleagues

3. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . It depends on what the other country requires from you for you to become a citizen of that country.