Is there a cost, if so how much for a uncontested straight forward divorce no children or property

Smyrna, GA |

Separated since 2007 whereabouts unknown

There is a cost if you want the process handled by an attorney. You would also need to pay fees for filing ($200.00 - $218.00 depending in the county), service fee ($50.00 or so depending in the county), and the any other court costs. Good luck and contact an attorney if you would like assistance.

You should be able to get a divorce (NO Contest) for a total of $1,500. That includes the lawyer, filing fees, etc.

If we can help please call me at 678 992-2631.

There are several bill boards in metro Atlanta advertising uncontested divorces for $500 plus filing fees. I do not know these attorneys, but a bare bones complaint and no children or property settlement agreement may be accomplished for such a low fee if primarily handled by a competent paralegal.

The above answer is a general explanation of legal rights and procedures. It does not constitute legal advice. Nor does it establish an attorney-client relationship between the individual posting the question and the attorney providing the answer

This is a little complicated because you can't get your spouse to sign papers if you don't know where they are. You need a judge's permission to publish notice of the case.

Recommended articles about Divorce