Is there a consumer based website that rates the honesty, dependability, professionalism, ethics, etc. of lawyers.

Asked 9 months ago - Des Moines, IA

i live in the state of iowa. please don't refer me to the state bar association; ethics board/state supreme court;or, martindale-hubbell. they are not reliable. thanks, j

1. Thomas O. Moens

2

Answered . This website is about as close to your requirements as any I have seen. Even though you apparently do not want to see it, the Office of Professional Regulation is the only website which discloses all disciplinary matters for Iowa attorneys:
    https://www.iacourtcommissions.org/SearchLawyer.do

2. Peter Leehey

Pro

2

Answered . Avvo is probably your best option. The downside is that not every attorney has an active profile on Avvo, but to the extent lawyers are listed and active on Avvo, you should find solid information. Although you have indicated resources you do not feel are reliable, I disagree. I think you need to look at all resources available to you concerning a prospective attorney, and then evaluate all of the information together.

3. Brendan Michael Kelly

Pro

2

Answered . Agree with Mr. Moens.

4. Samuel Cohen

2

Answered . You're there.