Is there a conflict of interest

Chipley, FL |

I live in Florida. I am currently pursuing custody of my child from my ex-wife. She was served one week ago. She is using the same lawyer she used for our divorce and a felony case 1.5 years ago. She has not used his services since that time. However, my father has an active divorce case filed 10 months ago. My father's lawyer and ex-wife's lawyer are brothers and own the law firm representing them both. Is this a conflict of interest for this lawyer to represent my ex-wife while his brother/partner represents my father

Probably not. These are two separate and distinct cases.

Please note that I am answering this question as a service through Avvo but not as your attorney and no attorney-client relationship is established by this posting. An attorney-client relationship can only be established through signing a Fee Agreement and paying the necessary advanced fees.

Child custody topics