Is there a class action suit in progress against the mortgage company Taylor ,Bean and Whitaker?

Asked over 2 years ago - Largo, FL

is it possible for us to file a suit against TBW for grossly over appraising our home ? they have now been shut down as far as I know and they have sold our loan to another company and now us like so many others are forced to pay a ridiculous amount of money for a home that will never be worth the amt they said it would.

1. Eric Lechtzin

1

2

Answered . At least one class action lawsuit has been filed concerning fraudulent lending and/or loan servicing practices by Taylor Bean & Whitaker ("TBW"). Specifically, a class action lawsuit was filed on behalf of Illinois property owners who had mortgages serviced by TBW and subsequently sold or transferred to BAC Home Loans Servicing.

Another class action lawsuit was filed against TBW by its former employees.

You should definitely consult with a class action lawyer about the predatory lending practices you mention. I'd be happy to talk to you.

2. Scott Richard Kaufman

Answered . There does appear to be one. Perhaps you should search the net for info?