Is there a class action lawsuit for the Paragard

Berlin, PA |
Filed under: Class action

I had the Paragard IUD in for 2 - 2.5 years and got pregnant. They removed it as soon as I went in and found out for sure that I was pregnant. I currently have a healthy 8 month old girl

I do not know of any class actions pending at this time for Paragard IUD. Of course no form of birth control is 100% effective, so the fact that you became pregnant - that alone would not be the basis for a claim against the manufactuer. Unless you were able to show that there was inadequate warnings of the risks of this occurring, or unless you could show that the product was manufactured in a defective manner (that your device was not made correctly to its sepcifications), it would be a difficult case to pursue.

This provides general information about Pennsylvania personal injury lawsuits and other legal information. Nothing here is intended to be legal advice. Nothing here constitutes the formation of an attorney client relationship. Nothing here is not intended to solicit clients outside the State of New Jersey or the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. In order to discuss representation, we must personally speak with you and enter into a signed, written agreement for representation.

I did not get pregnant on paragard, but I did have problems with it. I got it back in Jan. of 2011. After only 2 weeks I got pelvic inflammatory disease. I didnt think anything of it cause the doctor didnt explain it to me. Then after 4 months I started having hair loss and ovarian cyst that would rupture. I went into the hospital after one of my ovarian cysts rupturing and they suggested having the iud removed after only having it for a yr. They couldnt find it because it moved. They did a sonogram and found it and removed it, but the damage was already done. About a month after having it removed I was told I would never be able to have kids again and that I had to have a total hysterectomy. Since then I have been looking for a class action lawsuit against them and have came up empty. I have found multiple women who have had injury or pregnancy from paragard but no class action lawsuit. I really wish we could find a attorney to start one.

what about if the product fell out with out your knowledge and also was in sever pain after insertion and even a week or so after?

Class action topics

Recommended articles about Class action