Is there a class action lawsuit for the Paragard

Asked almost 2 years ago - Berlin, PA

I had the Paragard IUD in for 2 - 2.5 years and got pregnant. They removed it as soon as I went in and found out for sure that I was pregnant. I currently have a healthy 8 month old girl

1. Michael Herschel Monheit

Pro

1

Answered . I do not know of any class actions pending at this time for Paragard IUD. Of course no form of birth control is 100% effective, so the fact that you became pregnant - that alone would not be the basis for a claim against the manufactuer. Unless you were able to show that there was inadequate warnings of the risks of this occurring, or unless you could show that the product was manufactured in a defective manner (that your device was not made correctly to its sepcifications), it would be a difficult case to pursue.

One or more answers have been taken down.