Is there a class action lawsuit against the NuU Medspa (Chicago area) so I can recuperate what I spent there?

Chicago, IL |

I paid A LOT of money for lipodissolve services here ($6800, not including the insane amount of interest through CareCredit the spa also lied about & suckered me into). The 'treatment' was very painful and ultimately did absolutely NOTHING, and then later the Illinois Attorney General filed a lawsuit against them: http://www.illinoisattorneygeneral.gov/pressroom/2009_12/20091208.html. I am curious if there is any way I can recuperate the cost of treatment (not to mention the pain & torture I forced myself to endure while trying to get what I supposedly paid for). It still makes me angry when I think about it... That's an awful lot of money to spend to get NOTHING.

1. Your complaints sound a lot like those mentioned in the Attorney General's complaint. You can always bring an individual action against the allegedly responsible parties if you do not want to participate in a class settlement, if the Attorney General someday achieves a class settlement for civil damages. You would need to take some action at some point to exclude yourself from that class settlement. However some of the penalties sought by the Attorney General are payable to the state, not individuals. You should talk to a lawyer at least to see if your own claim has a statute of limitations that may expire.

This information is general and does not constitute legal advice, or create an attorney client relationship.

2. You should contact the attorney general's office directly. They will be able to fill you in on your options. Good luck.

LEGAL DISCLAIMER: Nothing in this post, or any responses or comments thereto, should be construed as legal advice and no attorney-client relationship has been created by and between the person asking the question and The Dinneen Law Firm, PLLC, or Daniel K. Dinneen, Esq. If you believe you need an attorney, you should take steps to contact one in person; ideally, one who resides in your state.

3. Contact the Consumer Protection Bureau at the Attorney General of the State of Illinois.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional opinion, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and opinions stated above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual or legal circumstances related to one's current legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a comprehensive legal before making an educated decision about your particular legal issue. If you have further inquiries you may contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602 http://alexanderivakhnenko.com

Litigation topics