Is there a chance they will give him bail

Asked almost 2 years ago - Reno, NV

My x boyfriend got arested in reno nevada charges are Kidnaping 1st degree, Battery R/Sbh, Dom. Battery 1st., and Prev/Diss Rpt Crime/ Casue Pros/ Arr he is not a violent person i was with him for 7 years and he doesn't have violent bone in his body. This girl was intoxicated at the time she is a drunk. Right now for kidnaping there is no bail. He is from California and so is she.

1. Harry Edward Hudson Jr

3

1

Answered . Among other issues, there really is not enought information to really respond.
    Keep in mind that having bail set does not mean a release. Bail con be set at an amount so high it is essentially no bail.

2. Frank Mascagni III

2

1

Answered . You need to hire an experienced criminal defense attorney ASAP to review the case for the defendant. Bail is based on many factors: pending charges, his prior criminal record, ties to the jurisdiction, employment, history of any failure to appears, sufficiency of cash or real estate offered to be posted, 3rd party surety, etc. Get counsel.

3. Ryan Alexander

Pro

Answered . It does not bode well for him that he is from California and arrested on serious felony charges in Nevada, because ties to the community are a big factor for getting a low bail amount or Own Recognizance release. On a motion, they will probably give a number though. "Zero bails" denial of bail is more common in sex crimes, murder, or felonies by foreign nationals.

I agree with Harry - they may set a bail amount that is too high for him or his family to afford. Here the going rate for bail bonds is 15% of the bail amount, plus some administrative surcharges, meaning a $100k bail would cost a fee of about $15,200.

Clark County, NV practitioner.