Is there a chance in court if my son's mother moves 149 miles away with out telling me, written consent or petition?

Asked 5 months ago - Orlando, FL

I was in the process of gaining more weekday time with my 7 year old son whom I see every other weekend. The court order states I get time with him Friday at 7pm to Sunday at 7pm.I don't have faith that she will be reliable to bring him 2 and 1/2 hours to my house when she is supposed to. She is relocating to live with her fiancé she has known since nov 2013. She hasn't come up with any written agreement nor has told me when and where they are moving. I found out from my son just last week.

1. Ophelia Genarina Bernal-Mora

Pro

1

Best Answer

Answered . Is there a current court case? It sounds like there is and that you have court ordered time-sharing, so on it's face, it seems that she has violated the Florida relocation statute. I would contact an experienced family law attorney in your area to discuss right away.

Sincerely,
    Ophelia Bernal-Mora
    Orlando Family Law Attorney

2. Heather Morcroft

Answered . You don't say if this is part of a divorce or paternity action, but it does sound as if some court action is going on, which means she should not be able to move more than fifty miles without permission or a court order. You need to set up a consultation with an attorney and go over all the facts and the current status of your case.

***Please be sure to mark if you find the answer "helpful" or a "best" answer. Thank you! I hope this helps. ******
  3. Robert Jason De Groot

Pro

Answered . She needs your written permission or a court order to be able to move more than 50 miles.