Is there a chance i could re-enter the u.s?? Live in DR and i dont have no family here.

New York, NY |

Hey i got deported to dominican republic in 2008, i was 21 years old, i did 3 years for attemp-robbery in the 2nd degree! I studied since kindergarden in New York, my father was a U.S citizen since 1999, but i was in the country ilegally since like forever! What are my chances??

1. Your chances are remote to none. You also have an indictable offense under most nations laws, which means that other developed nations can deny a visitor visa to you. If you are serious about trying to return, then discuss the situation with a competent immigration attorney who can take the time to counsel you. You may have to pay a fee for him or her to review all of the facts, but it 'should' put you in the best position to decide what to do. Good luck.

This is general information, not legal advice, and does not create an attorney client relationship.

2. Sadly, I must completely agree with Mr. Dixler. Spending 3 years in prison is a very serious 'block' to your ability to come to the US.

Talk to a lawyer, many of us use Skype.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- franco@capriotti.com -- www.capriotti.com -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

3. It sounds like you were deported for an "aggravated felony," in which case you would not be able to come back to the US. Please consult with an immigration attorney for more information.

4. You were deported from the United States, it seems by the facts provided, due to an aggravated felony. Unfortunately, there is no possibility for you to return to the United States. However, you can consult an experienced immigration attorney and provide him/her with all the facts regarding your case and all the documents you may have available.

The information contained on this page is for educational and informative purpose only. This response does not constitute legal advice. The readers of this information should not act based solely based on information contained herein. Answers can only be general, as specific responses can only be provided with full knowledge of case facts.

5. Under the current law your chances are zero because you were convicted of an aggravated felony as defined in the Immigration Act.

The answer provided here is general in nature and does not take into account other factors that may need to be reviewed for a more precise answer. You should consult with an immigration attorney before taking any action. The answer here is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship.