Is there a chance for RFE on my I-140?

Orlando, FL |

I have 64 months experience with a Bachelor's degree prior to my current employer..However 12 months out of 64 was before I graduated... I have been with my current employer for 5 years with a 3 year progressive work experience, which is also mentioned in the Approved Labor Certification...Will this be an issue when I file my I-140?

This question was posted under the "Workers Compensation" practice area. Because it appears to be an immigration issue, though, I will move it to that practice area to let the attorneys experienced in that field assist you.

You may have an RFE about the work experience.

321.208.7324
immigration@rbrownllc.com
www.brownimmigrationFL.com

Robert Brown LLC
Baldwin Park Center
4767 New Broad Street
Orlando, Florida 32814

Thanks Robert...In case of an RFE, normally how long is the approval process delayed, like once you submit evidence, do they respond within a couple of weeks or does it take months?

Robert Louis Brown

Robert Louis Brown

There is no set time limit for a decision from CIS. Usually 1 to 3 months

Anytime you use experience gained with the sponsoring employer, it is always an issue. However, your attorney will know how to handle this. Generally if you are promoted, or if you are applying for a different position from the one you are currently working at (and can prove it), the case gets approved.

Business Immigration Attorney. For H, L, J, EB5s, PERM and EB1/2/3 Petitions. Call 800-688-7892 or visit www.ImmigrationDesk.com. Law Office of Anu Gupta. The advice suggested here is for general information only and not to be construed as legal advice.

Thanks Anu... Yeah my job title got changed after my promotion..so I think I can use those 3 years prior to my promotion as progressive experience

Anu Gupta

Anu Gupta

Yes you can