Is there a chance for RFE on my I-140?

Asked over 1 year ago - Orlando, FL

I have 64 months experience with a Bachelor's degree prior to my current employer..However 12 months out of 64 was before I graduated... I have been with my current employer for 5 years with a 3 year progressive work experience, which is also mentioned in the Approved Labor Certification...Will this be an issue when I file my I-140?

1. Kenneth Brian Schwartz

1

Answered . This question was posted under the "Workers Compensation" practice area. Because it appears to be an immigration issue, though, I will move it to that practice area to let the attorneys experienced in that field assist you.

2. Robert Louis Brown

Pro

1

Answered . You may have an RFE about the work experience.

321.208.7324
    immigration@rbrownllc.com
    www.brownimmigrationFL.com

Robert Brown LLC
    Baldwin Park Center
    4767 New Broad Street
    Orlando, Florida 32814

3. Anu Gupta

Pro

1

Answered . Anytime you use experience gained with the sponsoring employer, it is always an issue. However, your attorney will know how to handle this. Generally if you are promoted, or if you are applying for a different position from the one you are currently working at (and can prove it), the case gets approved.