Skip to main content

Is there a certain Dept that assigns Trustee's to a Probate case?

Chicago, IL |

I do not have an attorney, but filed for Supervised Administrator on my Moms Estate in Probate court-Cook County, IL. Its been 90 days since the hearing. We have not heard anything and would like to know what avenues we could take to get any information on Trustees Assignment & how long it takes.

Attorney Answers 4

  1. You could wait over a year

    I suggest the estate hire an attorney

    I am sorry for your loss.

  2. Probate and estate administration is an area that is fraught with complexity and formality. An attorney who works in this area is worth every penny and can guide you, providing peace of mind while producing superior and quicker outcomes for you.

    This answer is based on general legal principles only and is not intended to provide specific legal advice. This answer is for informational purposes only and does not constitute the formation of a lawyer-client relationship. Any reader of this answer should not make decisions based upon in without first directly consulting with an attorney

  3. The best avenue is to retain counsel to assist you in the administration of the estate insofar as it has been 90 days and nothing, to your knowledge, has been "done".

    Legal disclaimer: This answer does not constitute legal advice. I am admitted to practice law in the State of Missouri only, and make no attempt to opine on matters of law that are not relevant to Missouri. This answer is based on general principles of law that may or may not relate to your specific situation, and is for promotional purposes only. You should never rely on this answer alone and nothing in these communications creates an attorney-client relationship. less

  4. It is not clear that your question is consistent with what occurs in probate cases, all the more indicating a need for an attorney to guide you. If there are assets in the estate, especially since you have already initiated things, I anticipate you can find a local, experienced probate attorney to assist you without substantial expense up front. Be prepared to show what is expected to come from the estate and how quickly those funds can be realized.

    The scope of this space does not afford an opportunity to adequately advise you. The response provided is intended to be informative, but not final. You are advised to arrange a consultation at which all facts and documents can be explored and terms for representation agreed. An attorney-client relationship must be formally established.

Wills and estates topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics