Is there a case of national origin discrimination?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Stuart, FL

I recently was promoted to a clerk position for which I was poorly trained, only one day before starting by myself. My boss told me that I would not be able to work on busy days and my compensation is lower than a white lady who is new in the industry and who I am not sure graduated from high school. I am a Hispanic who speaks English with accent, completing my masters degree.

1. Stuart M. Address

Pro

Answered . As a local attorney, I would suggest you obtain consultation with a local employment attorney. From the brief facts provided, you may have a national origin discrimination claim. However, it is often helpful to be able to compare yourself to multiple people as opposed to simply one ofther person. If the employer's decision is simply based on your lack of training then there may be an alternate explanation other than national origin discrimination.