Is there a case medical malpractice.

Vero Beach, FL |

Three years back what few teeth I had pulled for top dentures. Bottom bridge. Hole stayed open upper left. Closed with stitches. Reopened 1/12 months later. Sinus infection. Regular Dr. Did cat scan. Asked him not to contact dentist but he sent him the report. Liquids coming out of nose. Closed 4 months later. Two hours of surgery guessing calcification in gum. To this day no idea what type. Was not given consent. Was just done. Not one to ask questions. Year ago after so much digging found out dislocation of jaw, disc disorders, nerve damage, left side have pain head to shoulder. Another Dr. suggests jaw surgery. Left osteoarthritis and articular disc disorder (possible biopsy) My life has been torn upside down. Never had this before this was done. Nobody will help me!!

Sit down with an experienced dental malpractice attorney to to discuss your rights and possible remedies.

Good luck to you!

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.

Take all your records to an experience medical/dental malpractice attorney and see if you have enough damages to bring a case. I am so sorry to hear of your troubles.

YOU NEED TO IMMEDIATELY CONTACT A FL MED-MAL ATTORNEY. YOU MAY ENCOUNTER A STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS PROBLEM WHICH WOULD BAR ANY PROSECUTION OF YOUR POTENTIAL CLAIM - ACT FAST, SEE AN ATTORNEY NOW.

This is not intended to be legal advise or as legal representation. I am a California personal injury attorney . Be aware that every state has its own statute of limitations; and statutes & case laws that govern the handling of these matters.

I have contacted a couple of lawyers via phone calls for a year now. They never call me back. Would it be better to actually go to one in my town with my records? Thank you.

You need to speak with a qualified medical/dental malpractice attorney. You state no one will help you. Have you already consulted with one or more malpractice attorneys. If so, be advised that just because there was a negative result does not mean there was malpractice. And, even if there was malpractice, the injury and damages must be sufficient enough to warrant bringing a claim as malpractice cases are extremely costly and time consuming. Best advice, continue to contact medical/dental malpractice attorneys for free consultations.

I have consulted with a couple of lawyers via phone call. The first time I was diagnosed with TMJ. He stated that it would be difficult to prove malpractice or personnel injury. He stated TMJ could be a result of grinding your teeth together. Even though I stated for years that I had no back molars except for the one (left upper) that was pulled by this dentist. It was not until I went to the Cleveland Clinic in West Palm Beach/Fort Lauderdale with test done. They wanted to do surgery for the nerve damage but what about the dislocation. I went to a oral surgeon here in my area and he gave me two choices. I could go to two oral surgeons here in town that could repair the damage or to the Baptist Hospital in Miami. He highly recommended me going to Miami. The extent of damage to my jaw was diagnosed with test done with all the above places. I finally called another lawyer last week giving some details not all. Hard to give all details over the phone. She said someone in my area would call me. As of right now I have not heard anything back.

Kevin P. Landry

Kevin P. Landry

If you believe in your claim, then gather all your medical records and continue to call around and make appointments. You may find a hungry attorney out there that believes he or she can make something of your claim. If after a exhausting effort you can not find a lawyer to represent you, well then there is a reason. Good luck.

Feel free to use Avvo's "find a lawyer" tool to find more lawyers to call.

Thank you for your prompt answer. I was hesitant about this website at first. But I have found out thus far that with the speedy answers I find it to be a excellent resource. I will do as you stated.

You should call an attorney immediately because most states medical malpractice statutes are two years and if this happened 3 years ago, you may be too late. Call someone in your jurisdiction, because there may be continuing treatment exceptions, or a discovery statute. Only an attorney who is familiar with Florida law can answer that question