Is their any chance of me getting my drivers licence back?

Asked almost 3 years ago - Santa Clara, CA

hi i got a dui in july 2001, i did my jail time and their was no court fees(waved). its been over 10 yrs now.,and D.M.V. said i still have to do a dui program to get my driver licence back, can u help, is that a kind of thing that would stop another state from giving me a driver licence? i need a ca licence help
can we do a DMV hearing?

1. Daniel Kieth Martin

Answered . You should be able to get a California license as soon as you enroll in a DUI class and to to the DMV with proof of enrollment. A first time DUI class in California is not that bad, most programs cost less than $200 and you do not have to complete it before you get the license.

2. Robert Laurens Driessen

Answered . No you will have to take and eventually complete the DUI program that the DMV is requiring you to take. You should be eligible for a restricted license once you enroll in the DUI class. Most states now are aware of the restriction in another state. The best thing to do is get this behind you and sign up for the program.
    Robert Driessen

3. Manny Daskal

Answered . Disagree. No eligibility for a restricted license you must complete the program to get a license.

4. Ted Harvatin

Pro

Answered . Most states will require you to clear the CA DUI before they will issue a license. CO and AL may be an exception.