Skip to main content

Is the visa with the stamps enough

Brooklyn, NY |

to show lawful entry for adjustment? I also have the I-94 from the I-539 extension of status but I mailed the original I-94 when I did the extension. Is this sufficient

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


A copy of the I-94 for your last entry and extension or entry stamp in your passport will be sufficient to demonstrate a lawful entry.


should be, a copy would also work, and didn't they stamp your passport. that works as well

The advice that I give in each answer or legal is not intended to take the place of an in person consultation. A complete answer takes an in depth interview. After all, it is a life that is at stake. If you are in another city that I do not service ask me and I might be able to recommend you an attorney there. In general, in Houston, I recommend Adan Vega or Bruce Coane, Specialists. In Dallas I recommend Richard Fernandez or Yong Wood highly skilled and experienced.


As proof of you having been lawfully admitted into the US for AOS purposes, in your situation, you could use:

1. Your I-94 number: look for it in the I-539 you filed;

2. The lawful admission stamp on your passport, next to your visa stamp (usually on the very next page of the passport).

Of course you could file a Form I-102 and get a copy of your I-94 card, but why bother and spend the time and money?

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer