Is the state attorney involved in a No Valid Drivers License hearing?

Ocala, FL |

I received a No Valid Drivers License citation with a mandatory hearing. I am trying to ask for a continuance in writing and did not know who to copy on it.

I read some the the rules regarding traffic court, but was not sure if I should continue or file a Not Guilty and Waiver of Appearance

1. Yes. NVDL is criminal and the Stae Attorney prosecutes.

2. Yes, this is a criminal traffic citation. If you plea to it, you will be pleading to a criminal offense. It would be smart to speak with a local attorney regarding your options.

3. Yes. The SAO is the prosecutor in your NVDL case, unlike a civil infraction, where the officer is the prosecutor on your ticket. You'll need an attorney to make your life easier on this though.

4. Contact one of the fine traffic ticket / criminal law attorneys who responded to your question (or another local attorney listed on AVVO) Most will offer a free initial consultations. It is difficult to handle these matters with the assistance of a local attorney who is familiar with the local judges & court procedures. Good luck

This is not intended to be legal advise or as legal representation. I am a California personal injury attorney . Be aware that every state has its own statute of limitations; and statutes & case laws that govern the handling of these matters.