Is the state attorney involved in a No Valid Drivers License hearing?

Asked about 1 year ago - Ocala, FL

I received a No Valid Drivers License citation with a mandatory hearing. I am trying to ask for a continuance in writing and did not know who to copy on it.

I read some the the rules regarding traffic court, but was not sure if I should continue or file a Not Guilty and Waiver of Appearance

1. Dean George Tsourakis

Pro

2

Answered . Yes. NVDL is criminal and the Stae Attorney prosecutes.

2. Paul J Knudsen

Pro

2

Answered . Yes, this is a criminal traffic citation. If you plea to it, you will be pleading to a criminal offense. It would be smart to speak with a local attorney regarding your options.

3. Majid Vasigh

Pro

1

Answered . Yes. The SAO is the prosecutor in your NVDL case, unlike a civil infraction, where the officer is the prosecutor on your ticket. You'll need an attorney to make your life easier on this though.

4. Michael R Crosner

Answered . Contact one of the fine traffic ticket / criminal law attorneys who responded to your question (or another local attorney listed on AVVO) Most will offer a free initial consultations. It is difficult to handle these matters with the assistance of a local attorney who is familiar with the local judges & court procedures. Good luck