Is the respondent allowed to change accounts and make all income not available to the petitioner and child?

Asked over 1 year ago - Phoenix, AZ

Closed joint accounts and made all access of money unavailable to myself and child. When, he was instructed not to do so until we are finalized with the courts. He makes monthly deposits into my account in another state but won't let me know how much the paycheck was. So he could be hiding money from me and not paying the full amount hes supposed to. It states on the divorce paper not to change accounts or hide money, is he allowed to do this?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Judd S Nemiro


    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . No, this is a violation of the preliminary injunction issued in every divorce matter. Based on your facts given, I would recommend filing for temporary orders for child support, spousal maintenance, and access to all community property accounts. You also need to inform the Court of the violation of the preliminary injunction.

    My recommendation would be that you obtain a free consultation from a family law attorney to review your case before taking action.

    Good luck!

    Judd S. Nemiro
    Law Offices of Judd S. Nemiro, PLLC

    IF YOU FOUND THIS ANSWER "HELPFUL" or "THE BEST ANSWER," PLEASE MARK IT SO AS AVVO AWARDS THE ATTORNEY POINTS. All attorneys providing answers on this site are donating their time and not financially compensated.

Related Topics


Divorce is the process of formally ending a marriage. Divorces may be jointly agreed upon, resolved by negotiation, or decided in court.

Closing a Joint Bank Account Before Divorce

When closing a joint bank account before divorce, you will want to keep close accounting records of all money you have withdrawn and used.

Teri M. Nelson

How to Prepare for a Divorce

We tell our clients that a little pre-divorce planning goes a long way. Here are some of the steps you can take to prepare for a divorce and possibly save yourself time, stress, money and... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

22,280 answers this week

2,815 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

22,280 answers this week

2,815 attorneys answering