Is the police in NY allowed to see someone naked even when the person is not been arrested?

Asked over 1 year ago - New York, NY

I was forced out of the apt I had been living in for many years because the police claimed it was "illegal apt". I didn't get any prior notice that I was going to be removed from my apt that day. They insisted on seeing me naked because they they claimed they feared for their safety. I wasn't of any threat to them. I have witness. I also experienced many things which I feel violated my rights. I need legal advice and would like to know the statute of limitation for this type of case in federal court. I can be reached through : character123@fastmail.fm

1. Jay K Goldberg

4

Answered . No, the poolice have no legal basis to ask someone to strip under these circumstances.

2. Benjamin J Lieberman

4

Answered . No the police do not have that right at all. I suggest you repost this question under civil rights or litigation so that attorneys who practice in this area can respond.

3. Eric Edward Rothstein

3

Answered . No.

4. Richard C. Southard

2

Answered . The answer depends on whether you were already naked or forced to strip