Is the police in NY allowed to see someone naked even when the person is not been arrested?

New York, NY |

I was forced out of the apt I had been living in for many years because the police claimed it was "illegal apt". I didn't get any prior notice that I was going to be removed from my apt that day. They insisted on seeing me naked because they they claimed they feared for their safety. I wasn't of any threat to them. I have witness. I also experienced many things which I feel violated my rights. I need legal advice and would like to know the statute of limitation for this type of case in federal court. I can be reached through : character123@fastmail.fm

1. No, the poolice have no legal basis to ask someone to strip under these circumstances.

2. No the police do not have that right at all. I suggest you repost this question under civil rights or litigation so that attorneys who practice in this area can respond.

3. No.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 385-8015 or via email at Eric@RothsteinLawNY.com. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

4. The answer depends on whether you were already naked or forced to strip

All answers are for information purposes only. Answering this question or any future questions does not form any attorney-client relationship. Be mindful, that answers are limited by the limited facts presented by the questioner and are not meant to take the place of competent legal advice by an attorney fully informed of all the facts surrounding your case. However, be aware that nothing posted in a public forum such as this can be deemed confidential or privileged communication. For a privileged private consultation, contact me at 212-385-8600 or via my website www.reasonabledoubtny.com