Is the Order Of Supervision acquired by filling an APPLICATION FOR A STAY OF DEPORTATION OR REMOVAL?

Asked over 4 years ago - Saint Augustine, FL

I need to get an OOS but don't seem to find a specific form for it. The only one one I could find is the APPLICATION FOR A STAY OF DEPORTATION OR REMOVAL and I don't know if that is it or how to fill it.

thank you for the pointers @Ekaette Patty-Anne Eddings. I have a court hearing set for next year for a decision on my removal proceedings. I'm not detained but I need a driver's license and was told the only way would be through an OSS. Thank you again.

1. Jeffrey Adam Devore

1

1

Best Answer

Answered . Generally speaking an Order of Supervision is only issued to an alien who has a final order or removal but DHS is unable to effectuate the removal. Since you are scheduled for a removal hearing you may be eligible for a Florida Driver's license depending upon the status of your case.

I suggest you consult with an immigration lawyer who is very familiar with the DMV requirements. I have worked with the Florida DMV on numerous occasions to resolve drivers license issues. Please feel free to contact me should you like to discuss your case.

2. Elizabeth Rose Blandon

Pro

Answered . A foreign national needs to resolve problems with Immigration Court with the help of an attorney. The one who represented you before the Court should assist you with obtaining an Order of Supervision, if that's what you need.

I'm curious why the primary concern is for the drivers license, instead of whether you are going to be deported. If you would like a second opinion as to how to handle your case, please call my office to schedule a consultation.

I hope this answer is of benefit to you. I look forward to helping you achieve your immigration goals by reviewing your case, rather than providing general information as I have done here.

3. Ekaette Patty-Anne Eddings

Answered . You do not mention why you need an order of supervision.
    Are you presently detained or in deportation proceedings?
    What is the nature of your immigration matter?
    It is advisable to seek the professional counsel of a lawyer.
    An order of supervision is not the same as application for stay.
    One is obtained from the court and the other from ICE.
    You are welcome to use the link provided below.
    Goodluck.