Is the necessary paperwork in for my divorce to be placed on the calendar?

I am a defendant in a uncontested divorce in brooklyn. His lawyer has filed -Summons w/notice -Amended summ. & compl. -RJI (no fee) Pursuant to Section 202.6(B) -Note of issue however when i spoke to the matrimonial clerk she said that more forms needed to be filed and that it has not been filed in matrimonial office. so two questions Can this matter be placed in the calendar with these four forms? And who's responsibility is it to make sure the forms get to the matrimonial clerk, the lawyer or the court will do it when it has been filed?

Brooklyn, NY -

Find Out More

David Alexander Browde

David Alexander Browde

Divorce / Separation Lawyer - Chappaqua, NY

In an uncontested case nothing will move forward until all the necessary paperwork has been filed. It is the responsibility of the plaintiff or the attorney for the plaintiff to file the paperwork.

Eric Edward Rothstein

Eric Edward Rothstein

Criminal Defense Attorney - New York, NY

I suspect there are a lot more forms that need to be filed. Here is the link to the Court web site form directory for divorce cases. You will see many forms that you did not list. Usually the plaintif files the forms but that doesn''t mean the lawyer is familiar with what has to be done. Does the lawyer regularly handle matrimonial cases?

http://www.courts.state.ny.us/divorce/forms.shtml

Regina Powers Hunter

Regina Powers Hunter

Divorce / Separation Lawyer - Tampa, FL

I agree with my fellow attorneys.

Gina
Hunter Law Group
www.hunterlawgroup.com