Is the motion of discovery form a public domain document

Asked over 4 years ago - Hiram, GA

I need a motion of discovery form

1. Jeremiah Kent Jarmin

Answered . What you probably need is an attorney. If you plan on fighting a case, I would highly suggest retaining counsel. Practicing law isn't like trying to redecorate your living room by watching a few tips on HGTV. Finding some discovery request documents online is pointless, if you don't how to make use of the information...and that involves knowing the law and all of its procedural and substantive nuances.

2. Lee William Fitzpatrick

Answered . I agree with the previous post that you are asking for trouble if you represent yourself. Having a copy of a motion doesn't tell you anything about how to enforce it or how to tailor it to your particular case. Filing the motion also obligates you to do certain things that would not be listed in the motion. If you cannot afford an attorney, you should apply for a court appointed attorney. All that being said, if you insist on going it alone, there are books of forms at your local law library. I'm not sure whether there is one in Paulding County, but last time I checked the Cobb County Law Library at the State Court building on the square was open to the public.