Skip to main content

Is the landlord responsible for replacing personal property damaged due to water damage from over flowing sink?

San Diego, CA |

this has happened to many other units. the management was told last year that the pipes need to be replaced. you can smell the sewer in the pool area.

Attorney Answers 1

  1. So long as the tenants took reasonable care to protect their personal property after learning of the problem, yes.

Landlord-tenant law topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics