Is the Entertainment Attorney Accept the percentage fee ?

Miami, FL |

I want to ask is that possible to any attorney to accpet the percentage fee ?

1. It really depends upon the attorney.

If you found this Answer helpful, please mark it as "Best Answer". Your feedback is greatly appreciated. Peter J. Lamont, Esq. Law Offices of Peter J. Lamont 623 Lafayette Avenue, Suite 2, Hawthorne, NJ 07506 Phone: (973) 949-3770 Fax: (866) 603-0471 Toll Free: (855) NJLAW01 (855) 655-2901 www.peterlamontesq.com Additional Offices in New York, Monument, CO, San Juan, PR and affiliates throughout the country. PLEASE NOTE: The above statements are provided for informational purposes only and do not constitute legal advice. Transmission of the information is not intended to create, and the receipt does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship between sender and receiver. You should not act or rely on any information contained on this site without first seeking the advice of an attorney.

2. Of course you can ask. The attorney probably won't be offended, as I am sure your request would not be the first.

I hope you found this response to be helpful. If so, your clicking "helpful" and/or "best answer" helps my Avvo rating and would be appreciated. This answer shall not be considered rendering legal advise but instead a general response to a general question. Avvo is a wonderful resource but nothing can substitute for an in-depth consultation face-to-face with a lawyer. The response shall not be deemed to create an attorney-client relationship, nor shall it create an obligation on the part of the attorney to respond to further inquiry from the questioner.

3. Some attorneys will work with some clients on a percentage basis. It usually involves a long-term relationship in which the attorney is basically the artist's go-to "general entertainment attorney" or "legal quarterback" on pretty much a 24/7/365 basis. In exchange the attorney gets a percentage (usually 5%) of everything the artist grosses from their entertainment endeavors. In most cases, for this to be economically feasible for the attorney, it means the artist has to be making a decent living as an entertainer. There are many other possible fee arrangements, including hourly billing against a retainer, flat-fees for specific services or projects, or contingency fees (usually a higher percentage) for a specific deal, case, or project that has a reasonably certain eventual payout. Speak to prospective attorneys about their fee arrangements and feel free to propose creative solutions. The attorney can't say "yes" unless you ask.

4. Yes, some attorneys do accept percentage fees. However, many attorneys do not. It just depends on the attorney and the specific facts and circumstances of your matter.

Any answer or other information posted above is general in nature and is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice. This posting does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and the posting attorney. The posting attorney is only licensed to practice law in the federal and state courts of California, and you are urged to engage a qualified attorney who is licensed to practice in the relevant jurisdiction.