Is the EAD for DACA renewable from outside the US? Do we need to provide any supporting documentation for renewal? What kind?

Asked over 1 year ago - Bayshore, NY

I am interested in working for an organization based in the US (with factory in China). The position is for teaching the children of the factory-workers in a school, with the school owned by the CEO of organization/company. They require work authorization EAD to work there (though it's tax exempt for employee) b/c the US organization pays salary. If I were to work for them in China with my current DACA EAD, can I renew from overseas (if I dont' have advance parole and can't return to renew---there are no physical presence requirements for renewal right?).

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

13

Answered . You do not need an EAD to work outside the U.S.

Please click the link below for additional information.

---------
    Carl Shusterman, Esq.
    Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
    Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
    Schedule a Legal Consultation - Know Your Rights!
    600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
    Los Angeles, CA 90017
    (213) 394-4554 x0
    Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
    www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

2. Stephen D. Berman

2

Answered . The U.S. does not require you to have an EAD to work in China, however you may be able to get your EAD extended. More to the point, the question is how will you return to the U.S. without an immigrant or nonimmigrant visa?

3. J Charles Ferrari

1

Answered . EADs are only good for employment IN the US. They do not control employment outside the US. Additionally, to be outside the US, you would need to have advance parole, which might not be granted for work abroad.