Is the Deferred action a good way of getting my illegal immigrant wife the proper paperwork to start working legally

Asked about 2 years ago - Irving, TX

I am young and so is she we have known each other a long time and we do not have the money to get a lawyer to get her a green card and we are afraid to file it are self at this point we have been married for 2 years and this seems like the best way to get her the proper paper work to work but we have read some negative things about it is this a good thing or is it more of a bad idea we live in Dallas TX and she has gone to school in the US and she has only lived in mexico for 2 years of her life and all her relatives over there are dead now she has her birthcertificate and Mexican ID and we have no kids at the moment she did not get her highschool diploma when she was young she was kidnapped and forced to drop out and work the kidnapper was her older brother and his wife anything will help

1. Gen Kimura

6

Best Answer

Answered . Contact Houston Legal Aid Society. They might be able to take your case pro bono.

2. Sonali Patnaik

5

Answered . I recommend that you have a consultation with an experienced Immigration attorney to evalute whether DACA is the ideal route for her, given her unique school history. Depending on her manner of entry, she might have a better chance with the green card, and it is worth scheduling a consultation to understand her options.

3. Richard Wells Moore JR

5

Answered . It would be a good way, as long as she meets all the qualifications. Lack of a high school diploma or GED will likely prevent her from getting deferred action. You should definitely consult an experienced immigration attorney before making the decision to file.

Best regards,

Rick Moore
    www.DREAM-deferred-action.com

Richard W. Moore, Jr.
    Member - American Immigration Lawyers Association
    Moore Law Group, PA
    2300 York Road, Suite 213
    Timonium, MD 21093
    410-825-1790 fax 410-825-1794
    www.marylandimmigrationlaw.com
    Twitter: @Immigration2USA
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/usimmigrationlawyers
    ---------------------------------------- This email was sent by: Avvo, Inc. 1501 4th AveSuite 1900 Seattle, WA, 98101-1588, USA We respect your right to privacy - visit the following URL to view our policy. ( http://click.mail5.avvo.com/?qs=55f1ae398dabdcd... ) ----------------------------------------

4. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

4

Answered . I agree.