Is the Deferred action a good way of getting my illegal immigrant wife the proper paperwork to start working legally

Irving, TX |

I am young and so is she we have known each other a long time and we do not have the money to get a lawyer to get her a green card and we are afraid to file it are self at this point we have been married for 2 years and this seems like the best way to get her the proper paper work to work but we have read some negative things about it is this a good thing or is it more of a bad idea we live in Dallas TX and she has gone to school in the US and she has only lived in mexico for 2 years of her life and all her relatives over there are dead now she has her birthcertificate and Mexican ID and we have no kids at the moment she did not get her highschool diploma when she was young she was kidnapped and forced to drop out and work the kidnapper was her older brother and his wife anything will help

Contact Houston Legal Aid Society. They might be able to take your case pro bono.

This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice. Consult with a qualified attorney before making any legal decisions. Gen Kimura, (832) 247-6932.

Thank you but I don't think I can use them i live in Irving TX but if you know any other places that may take are case Pro-bono place let me know but still thank you

Gen Kimura

Gen Kimura

You can still call and ask them if they have an office in Irving, or they knew organizations which might take your case. Good luck.

It would be a good way, as long as she meets all the qualifications. Lack of a high school diploma or GED will likely prevent her from getting deferred action. You should definitely consult an experienced immigration attorney before making the decision to file.

Best regards,

Rick Moore
www.DREAM-deferred-action.com

Richard W. Moore, Jr.
Member - American Immigration Lawyers Association
Moore Law Group, PA
2300 York Road, Suite 213
Timonium, MD 21093
410-825-1790 fax 410-825-1794
www.marylandimmigrationlaw.com
Twitter: @Immigration2USA
Facebook: www.facebook.com/usimmigrationlawyers
---------------------------------------- This email was sent by: Avvo, Inc. 1501 4th AveSuite 1900 Seattle, WA, 98101-1588, USA We respect your right to privacy - visit the following URL to view our policy. ( http://click.mail5.avvo.com/?qs=55f1ae398dabdcd54b5ed6fb1de152f6d6796356ca5047fdeb5f30c44ede5d7f9fdb67f532600a80 ) ----------------------------------------

I agree.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

I recommend that you have a consultation with an experienced Immigration attorney to evalute whether DACA is the ideal route for her, given her unique school history. Depending on her manner of entry, she might have a better chance with the green card, and it is worth scheduling a consultation to understand her options.

Recommended articles about Immigration