Is the college liable for medical costs resulting from an injury caused by stepping into a hole on their property?

North Little Rock, AR |

On her way to class, my daughter crossed an "island" in the parking lot and stepped into a hole, causing a trimalleolar fracture of her right ankle. This will require surgery and she will have to withdraw from classes until after her recovery. She does have insurance but is the school liable for the co-pays and/or insurance deductible?

1. Consult a local atty asap. Photos etc need to be taken before the hole is filled. Cases agfainst public entities have short time reqts. If this is a public school, short time reqts may apply. Your daughter may have claim for med expenses, wage loss, pain and suffering etc. These can be very bad fractures with life long consequences.

2. Hire a lawyer asap to secure evidence and try to prove a case of negligence.

3. Terrible injury = consult with local and qualified personal injury attorney(s) asap. If public institution could be extremely short filing requirements.

Personal injury cases only; I'm good at it; you be the Judge! All information provided is for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney client relationship has been formed or should be inferred. Please speak with a local and qualified attorney. I truly wish you and those close to you all the best. Jeff www.nyelderinjurylaw.com

4. Check for a medpay policy and consult with a local attorney to investigate a potential personal injury case.

Ryan Finn * 518.213.0115 * Rfinn@hackermurphy.com * Referrals are the highest form of compliment * Hacker Murphy serves clients throughout New York State and always pays referring attorneys a reasonable referral fee in contingency cases

5. The owner or occupier of the premesis may be liable . However , this depends on a variety of factors . Gerenerally , under Arkansas law, the owner/occupier has a duty to keep the premesis in a reasonably safe condition. You should immediatly consult with an attorney so that pictures of the scene can be taken and other evidence preserved.

6. A hole is a defect/dangerous condition to which the property owner could be held potentially liable. Find a lawyer with a low contingency fee, less than 30% with no costs deducted, so you get the lion’s share of the settlement, not your lawyer.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com