Is the Chain of Custody on Evidence a crucial matter?

Asked over 2 years ago - Dawsonville, GA

I recieved the Forensic report on my drug case, and the results state that the seal on the evidence was not initialed when the lab received it. Quote unquote "seal was initialed by laboratory personnel to meet accreditation standards". How can the prosecution SWEAR that this evidence is related to my case?

1. Brett Ladd

Pro

2

Best Answer

Answered . The chain of custody quote that you give is normal for a lab. And the lab does not know what the "chain of custody" was before it got there. The prosecutor will put up the other people who did something with the evidence before it got to the lab....

You lawyer will tell you all about this. And I hope this isn't your only defense.

2. Noah Howard Pines

Pro

2

Answered . Chain of custody is something your lawyer can argue at trial.

3. Jerry F. Lee

Answered . Chain of custody must be established by documentary as well as direct oral testimony at the trial. All proof or lack thereof can be dealt with then. GOOD LUCK and GOD BLESS! Jerry

I LEAVE THE MIRACLES TO GOD...HE LEAVES THE PRACTICE OF LAW TO ME!