Is the 2257 form a violation of my freedom to free expression? I'm not a US citizen why must I comply to US law on internet?

I model online and on the site i use I am free to broadcast explicit material or not with out having to submit anything. But I have $375 that I was payed and if I want to be payed what is mine I am being told I must submit a 2257 forum along with a government issued ID to prove that I am 18 years old. The problem is that I am not a citizen of the US (the government who put this violation of my human rights to freely express my self on the internet) So I am unable to get a "Government issued ID" My government and many others such as the UK do not have "ID cards" furthermore if I am not required to provide a police officer with an ID card why must I provide it to some company to link my virtual ID to my personal body? I am 21 years old and I have school ID's and other documents that show my age why must I give them a photocopy of a "Government issued ID" a second document that has my name and birthdate, along with all my online aliases, maiden names, screen names, and any other moocher i go by on the internet? The 2257 form is supposed to be souly for the pourpos of "Protecting children" But is highly unnecessary and with enough Photoshop experience easily bypassed. On top of that you are still free to brodcast wether or not you send in a 2257 form so how does that stop underage people broadcasting??? I do not belong to the US government I belong to a family and I just feel like I am having my civil liberty that there constitution is supposed to up hold to anyone US citizen or not are being violated. Its like they are accusing me of being underage and breaking THERE laws on the international internet when I don't give a fudge about there unjust laws. Am I supposed to be innocent until proven guilty? What gives them the right?

Let me make my question clear seeing as you are all oblivious... I know what Id they want, I know why the site has to do it and why they think I have to do it. MY QUESTION IS: WHAT GIVES THE US GOVERNMENT THE RIGHT TO UNDERMINE THE CONSTITUTION AT PLACE LAWS ON THE INTERNET THAT RESTRICT MY RIGHT TO FREEDOM OF SPEECH!? WHY DO I HAVE TO/HOW DO I PROVIDE DOCUMENTS THAT MY GOVERNMENT DOES NOT OFFER? AND NOTE THAT THE SITE ALLOWS YOU TO BROADCAST WITH OUT ANY ID OR 2267 AND IT DOES NOT STOP UNDERAGE PERFORMERS! I HAVE BEEN BROADCASTING FOR MONTHS NOW AND YOU EARN MONEY THROUGH MEMBERS TIPPING YOU! ONCE YOU ARE TIPED CAM4.com HOLDS YOUR MONEY UNTIL YOU CASH IT OUT BUT YOU CAN EARN MONEY WITH OUT THE 2257 FORM) ARE YOU PEOPLE STUPID!? READ!!! MAYBE CAPS LOCK WILL HELP!? AND I AM NOT BEEING SELF RIGHTEOUS I AM MAD THAT MY HUMAN RIGHTS ARE BEING VIOLATED BY A TYRANT TO BIG TO FIGHT BACK..

Everyone, including non-citizens, who does business in the United States must comply with the federal and state laws that govern that business. You are no exception. If you do not like the laws that govern the business you've chosen then either try to change them or do not engage in that business. It's that simple. Note: When a U.S. citizen does business in a foreign country that person must comply with that country's laws -- and many of those laws are very "unjust" [from the U.S. citizen's point of view].

The above is general information ONLY and is not legal advice, does not form an attorney-client relationship, and should NOT be relied upon to take or refrain from taking any action. I am not your attorney. You should seek the advice of competent counsel before taking any action related to your inquiry.

But I'm not doing business in the US I am doing business ion the internet and no I don't have to pay tax. You did not answer my question I asked what right they had to violate my constitutional right to freedom of speech and expression, And to try and change there law is not my job I am not a US citizen as I have denounced my citizenship after serveing in the US army and I did so inside of a court house infront of a judge. It has not caused me any problems and I have not payed taxes. regesterd my motorcycle or car or even got a licence (as I cant get one with out citizenship) Because I am granted the right to travel by the highest law of the land the constitution. I drive with expired tags and yes I get pulled over yes I get a ticket no I never pay. IRS calls me and sends me threatening letters I drop them back in the mailbox after blocking out my address. The ONLY thing that is a annoyance to me is that I am not allowed to freely express myself and do business ON THE INTERNET. The internet is everywhere it is everyone it is the collective consciousnesses that connects us all manifested into a manipulative physical form. It is in outer space it is everywhere thus it would be like the US trying to clam the moon or mars as there territory so don't smoke weed or do drugs on mars cuz thats US terratory. I asked WHAT RIGHT DO THEY HAVE TO UNDERMINE THE CONSTITUTION AND PLACE LAWS ON EVERY SITE US OR NOT US. For a lawyer you are truely daft Iam 21 and never graduated middle school or high school and I am more intelligent then you seem to be. Please answer my question if you wish to reply. ( Just realized your in Sacramento that enplanes a lot.)

Daniel Nathan Ballard

Daniel Nathan Ballard

I wish you well. You may find useful a thoroughly enjoyable book entitled "Political Philosophy: A Beginners' Guide for Students and Politicians" by Adam Swift which will quite likely answer -- or at least discuss -- the issues that have you all a flutter [visit http://goo.gl/BGvYi ].

Thank you I'll check it out. I fear there is no answer but not to play and ignore the goverment when it comes to politics. The problem with working within the system to bring change is that its not you who changes the system but the system that eventually changes you. Normally compromising a situation is not a problem but compromising your self in a situation is another story. This is probably not your type of music but check out immortal technique's song The poverty of philosophy.

Mr. Ballard is totally correct. If you want to be paid, you need to comply with all laws, including tax laws that apply.

The above is general legal and business analysis. It is not "legal advice" but analysis, and different lawyers may analyse this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. I am only licensed in California. See also avvo.com terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.

The purpose of Section 2257 is, indeed, to protect children - please see the article at the link below.

As summarized in the article, the current state of the law is that Section 2257 is constitutional, though there is an ongoing challenge that has not been successful, so far.

As my colleagues have noted, if your activities are subject to US law, you must comply with US law. You should take the time and energy you have put into protesting and redirect them to compliance, instead.

This information does not constitute legal advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.

Dana Howard Shultz Thank you for actually looking a little bit into it. You are the only one to provide some what useful information

if you want to do business in the US you must comply with US laws. the US government and the US Constitution controls the laws the US, not you and not your sense of righteousness. Many of the protections under the US Constitution are applicable to US citizens and not to foreigners. You do not get to pick and choose which ones those are.

I am not your lawyer and you are not my client. Free advice here is without recourse and any reliance thereupon is at your sole risk. This is done without compensation as a free public service. I am licensed in IL, MO, TX and I am a Reg. Pat. Atty. so advice in any other jurisdiction is strictly general advice and should be confirmed with an attorney licensed in that jurisdiction.

Bruce E. Burdick I DON'T WANT TO DO BUSINESS WITH OR IN THE USA I WANT TO DO BUSINESS ON THE INTERNET. A NON MATERIAL IMAGINARY THING! I COLLECTION OF THOUGHTS HELD TOGETHER WITH ELECTRICITY HOW IN THE . CAN THE US OWN OR GOVERN AN IDEA THATS AN UNCONSTITUTIONAL VIOLATION OF THE 1ST AMENDMENT AS WELL! AND JUST BECAUSE I AM NOT A US CITIZEN DOES NOT MEAN THEY CAN VIOLATE MY CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS!

The company must comply with Section 2257 and keep your record on file. Therefore, it is the Company who will require the Section 2257 information from you so that they are not violating the law.

As to a Government issued ID - that can take the form of a drivers license, passport etc. Most countries to issues these types of identity forms to their populations.

If you want to continue in this career, you are going to need to provide the company's you work for the Section 2257 information or they will not hire you.

This post is provided for general informational purposes only and is not intended to be legal advice specific to you. This general information is not a substitute for the advice of an attorney in your jurisdiction. The attorney client relationship is not established by this post.

The law is infringing my rights when i don't even have citizenship. MY goverment does not provide anything of the sort. Like I said I have PLENTY of school IDs and paperwork ect. If you want to continue liveing a lie thinking your "free" be my guest. I'm not getting fired I'll simply create a new account if I am banned. If my IP is banned I'll change my IP, Ill use proxys I already use a VPN and a proxy. Hope that tradeing in some of your freedom to your goverment in return for protection of the rest of the freedome they decide you may have works out for you. I am not surrendering a single ion of my freedom to anyone but my self or ill die defending it. I don't bother no one I stay inside all day I live with 2 rules I don't steal I don't lie and I always do what I believe to be the right and fair thing to do. Killing is not illegal murder is illegal.

Say I'm a bad person your a lawyer your payed to lie all day I try to NEVER lie about ANYTHING even if it will hurt me or others because nothing is acceptable but the TRUTH the WHOLE TRUTH and NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH! I don't know about you but I NEVER steal EVER but this government steals billions of dollars, steals peoples freedom and lives. Say that I am a bad person, but you would just be the bad person for judging me based on nationality or belief of what my rights are. There are obvious laws like don't murder, don't steal, don't do anything that takes away from another living creatures persute of happiness and just be cool but its these stupid drug laws, traffic laws and bs that's in-place just to control you and make money of you. And yes there are no need for traffic laws because every one would come to a mutual respect for the road. People are not stupid. We can do things for our selfs. If there where alot of accidents at an intersection or if some one was tired of geting cut off or no one letting them cross dont you think SOME ONE would put a stop sign and other people would be like "Hey thats a good idea seems fair to me" and anyone who didn't respect it would be punished by society and scorned /outlasted for it?

I do not understand how the asker got into the US without a passport from his or her nation and a US visa. The passport would be an excellent government ID. My mind wanders on to other reasons for not wanting to comply, like in the US without documents or on a visa that prohibits gainful employment.

Licensed in Maryland with offices in Maryland and Oregon. Information here is general, does not create a lawyer-client relationship, and is not a substitute for consulting with an experienced attorney on the specifics of your situation.

Tax law topics